Our Recreational Program is coached entirely by parent and community volunteers. Please join in on the fun! We rely on our 200+ volunteer coaches to help ensure manageable team sizes and maximum play time for our kids. Volunteers can sign up individually (we will pair you with a co-coach if you would like) or you can sign up and indicate your preferred co-coach or assistant coach. We offer:
- a weekly coaching curriculum
- a preseason coaching seminar (no experience necessary!) run by our Rec Director
- a Georgia State Soccer Association run clinic at least once each year
- a volunteer discount
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer coach please review the following requirements:
- It is mandatory that all Rec Coaches pass a background check through Ga Soccer.
- You must be able to coach 10 weekly 1-hour practice sessions for U5-U8 and two weekly 1.5 hour sessions for U10 and up.
- You must be available to coach games on Saturdays and some Sunday games for U12 and up teams.
- Coordinate team communications or designate a Team Parent to handle game reminders and other email updates in a timely manner.
- Communicate any issues right away to your Age Group Coordinator and Amy Feigl.
- Follow Inter Atlanta Code of Conduct and Behavior Policy at all times.
For all questions about practice days, times, locations and game day info, please refer to the detailed age group descriptions under the Rec Dates, Fees, and Faqs tab!
Mandatory Pre-Season Coaches Meeting & Field Clinic - for all new and returning coaches.
Coaches Pre-season Meeting, Field Clinic & Equipment Pick Up
Saturday, August 13, 9:00 - 11:00 AM, Arizona Avenue Clubhouse
This will include age group coaching clinics, equipment, and coach shirt pick up, as well as, a Q&A session.
If you would like to volunteer, please complete the volunteer information above, on the registration site, or email the Rec Director. You will be contacted for more details after your register. Please read and follow the Registration instructions, provided below:
Head or Assistant Coach Registration
- Click "Register" (top right corner)
- Create "New Customer Primary Contact" for yourself as a Coach (if you have not already done so)
- Do not add any "New Participants," click "Cancel" (bottom)
- Access your "Volunteer" tab (under "My Account" if you've logged off and back on)
- Click "Add/Remove Volunteer Roles"
- Click "View More Volunteer Positions"
- Select the Appropriate Program using the check box to the right
- Select "Head Coach" or "Assistant Coach" with each team you'd like to help
- Continue with the Registration process until you finish
Please make sure that you fully complete the online registration with a valid email address (so we can contact you) and the specific age group you'd like to help with. If you aren't set up properly, sometimes we aren't aware that you would like to help out! If for some reason any of your information or your availability to help changes, please update your account as soon as possible. Thank you!